Thursday, July 24, 2008

Scores Final: Nevius dominates X marks



It's official: Kevin Nevius won 6387-475X. He beat Tarl Kempley 6387-468X.
David Cramer placed third with 6385-473X.

The Woman Champion is Tarl's sister, Reya, who finished 10th overall with a score of 6379-483X
Here's my take on Nevius...

Kevin Nevius was so happy when I was out there taking the shots for our magazine and the blog. I can personally say that he deserves this award. He remembers me from the first time that I came out to Camp Perry to cover this for the NRA. That was in 2006 when Kevin's close friend, Paul Gideon won the Prone Championship.

I remember being all nervous that night because it was my first time at Perry. Kevin was smiling and he looked approachable so I walked up to him and had a great interview. Kevin wasn't mad that he got 3rd place that year. He was more interested in praising his friend, Paul.

Now, in about 30 minutes Kevin will have the night to himself. It's an honor that's well-deserved.

1 comment:

Germán A. Salazar said...

Congratulations to Kevin! There is no nicer or more deserving shooter in Smallbore. Kevin will also be a wonderful ambassador for us in England with the Roberts Team.
German Salazar
Phoenix, Arizona