Thursday, August 21, 2008

A National Champion quote

Kevin NeviusHere’s some insight into the NRA.

Press officers (like yours truly) who run the press office at the NRA National Rifle and Pistol Championships have to promote the National Championships and write a feature about it for our NRA publications. Right now, I’m putting together my story on the NRA Smallbore Prone Championship for Shooting Sports USA.

This morning, I was listening to an interview that I did with 2008 National Champion, Kevin Nevius, and I love this quote from him.
“This has been a goal of mine for the last 19 years. I can’t believe it! Really, this is something that I’ll never forget. I don’t know I’m just overwhelmed right now. I’ve been working at this for so long and this list of National Champions is so short. You just never think that you’re going to be fortunate enough or lucky enough to get on it.”
I love it when athletes speak from the heart.

No comments: