Friday, August 15, 2008

Women’s Wilderness Escape: Ronnie’s Ramblings

A Women’s Wilderness Escape participant aims her arrow at a plastic bobcat.The photo to the left is an example of the activities that 50 women participated in during the first ever NRA Women’s Wilderness Escape (WWE).

In this photo, a WWE participant attempts to shoot a plastic bobcat during a 3-D target demonstration.

Staying on the same subject, here’s another opinion of the inaugural event. The author of the blog Ronnie’s Ramblings attended the Women’s Wilderness Escape as an instructor:

In July, I was privileged to attend (as an instructor) the NRA’s Women’s Wilderness Escape in New Mexico. Many of the pictures and stories you will see on this blog for the next month will be about that event; mostly the wildlife in that region of NM.

Among some of the events the “Escapees” were treated to are Pistol Shooting, Rifle, Shotgun and Muzzleloading, Archery, Turkey calling, Tree stand use and safety, Refuse to be a Victim training, High Powered Rifle shooting, building wilderness shelters, wildlife viewing, camping under the stars, Cowboy Action Shooting with a bonus CA Fashion show (those corsets! Wow!), a Blessing Ceremony, Laser Shot and more ...

This event differs from many of the courses I have taught in that not only was it instructional - but it was also emotional. My profound thanks go to the ladies that invited me along for the ride. Now that I’ve been on this trail, I hope to ride back for more and meet more beautiful women. I wish I could include every person there in my life and finish every conversation ever started there.

No comments: