Friday, October 10, 2008

National Firearms Museum welcomes new director

Jim SupicaJim Supica, the newly-appointed Director of the NRA's National Firearms Museum, is currently giving Media Relations Intern Kyle an exclusive tour of the Museum. Kyle will be blogging his impressions of the Museum on Monday, so be sure to check back!

I had the opportunity to interview Supica briefly for a press release on his new position. He joins senior curators Phil Schreier and Doug Wicklund on the Museum's staff, and I must say, I'd love to attend a Firearms Trivia night with the three of them! All three are infinite resources of firearms-related knowledge.

Supica comes to the Museum from Kansas, where he ran Old Town Station, LTD. Supica brings a wealth of wisdom with him to the Museum. In addition to being a renowned firearms expert, Supica is an NRA Certified Instructor and contributor to the Blue Book of Gun Values, Standard Catalog of Firearms, Combat Shotguns, and S&W Sixguns of the Old West, among others. Supica earned his Juris Doctorate from the University of Kansas and has served on the NRA's Board of Directors since 2001.

Supica said it was hard to top his job at Old Town Station, where he ran the successful web site ArmChair Gun Show. "It is an honor to join an organization I believe in as much as the NRA," Supica said. "I told my family the NRA offered me the only job I could love more than my current one of firearms dealer. I'm looking forward to serving the cause of the National Firearms Museum."

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Woo-Hoo!!! You go, Jim2!! They are lucky to have you. (P.S. I'd like to go to that Gun Trivia night, too ...)